Transportation Network Design
The LLamasoft transportation network design solution, LLamasoft® Transportation Guru®, enables users to model their entire supply chain network, incorporating alternate transportation options and key variables such as cost, time, capacity and delivery parameters. Users can identify an optimal transportation plan based on the total costs and service constraints.
The system will also help companies determine the optimal number of transportation assets and containers, and where these assets should be positioned.
Using Transportation Guru, designers and analysts have the tools to:
- Challenge legacy transportation networks
- Determine lowest overall landed cost
- Identify optimal mode mix
- Measure all constraints for most efficient routings
- Identify efficient multi-stop vehicle routes while optimizing fleet size. Include pick-ups and deliveries interleaved throughout route or use backhaul optimization to minimize cost
- Identify efficient schedules while balancing shipments across time periods
Transportation route optimization can be done alone or in conjunction with either optimization or simulation. Using advanced algorithms, transportation routes are defined to minimize cost of inbound or outbound shipments, while considering realistic cost and constraint structures. This helps answer the question, “what happens to transportation routes when the network design is changed?”
Using transportation route simulation, analysts can help emulate routing strategies and test new strategies to predict actual costs and service levels. Optimal daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly plans can be created to set inventory levels, schedule production and to define distribution routing. Simulation can also be used to validate the plan before implementation.